Top 5 Reasons to go to a Full Contact Football Camp
Posted on 2016-05-03
Shopping around for Football Camp options, you've probably seen references to non-contact camps and seen us mention our full-contact camps quite a bit. So what are some benefits to participating in an Offense-Defense Full-Contact camp you just don't get with non-contact camps? Let's take a look!
- #5. You actually practice the game - When you watch your favorite high school, collegiate, or NFL team play, you'll notice a common theme. In all cases, the defense is aiming to bring the ballcarrier down to the ground in order to end a play. It's simply how the game is played - we don't feel you can properly learn football unless you're playing football!
- #4. It's safer in the long run - When athletes are placed in situation where they are about to give or take a hit when they've never learned how to do either safely, you will encounter more injuries over time. Athletes at Offense-Defense Camps are taught both how to receive and deliver hits with effectiveness and safety in mind and it pays off in long-term player health.
- #3. It sends an important psychological message - Offense-Defense graduates know that they are more prepared for real game situations than their opponents. While the other team might have been practicing touch football or imagining game situations, our athletes have been living and breathing the sport and are ready for any obstacle.
- #2. O-D's curriculum is proven to work - Another sixteen Offense-Defense Alumni have entered the NFL this past weekend in the NFL Draft to join the many ranks of O-D athletes that have joined the league previously. No other camp places more players in the NCAA or NFL. No other camp is full-contact.
- #1. Every NFL and College Coach agrees - You can't learn to swim without getting in the water. You can't learn a contact sport without teaching contact. Offense-Defense is the ONLY full-contact football camp in the country which makes O-D the best choice for you this summer!